Brisbane, Airbus has been awarded an extension of the Australian Army’s Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter (ARH) Tiger through-life support (TLS) contract by the Australian Department of Defence.
Airbus Australia Pacific Managing Director Andrew Mathewson said that the five-year, TLS contract extension reflected the current standing of the Tiger in Australia.
“Airbus is committed to ensuring the success of the Australian ARH Tiger fleet, and we have worked closely with the Australian Army and our industry partners to improve the fleet‘s performance over many years,” he said.
The TLS extension covering the ARH programme until 2025 includes:
• More extensive aircraft and component deeper maintenance;
• Operational maintenance of aircraft allocated to training;
• Aircrew and technician training including maintenance of training devices;
• Design services including OEM design incorporation;
• Systems and software development and testing;
• Complete parts support including MRO, purchasing, storage and distribution;
• Technical publications; maintenance policy; and fleet management.